Sunday 3 January 2016

MY FAMILY AND OTHER ANIMALS (GERALD DURREL) AND THE HETEROGENEOUS LIBRARIES


Thedore would wellcome me in his study, a room that met with my full approval. It was, in my opinion, just what a room should be. The walls were lined with tall bookshelves filled with volumens of freshwater biology, botany, astronomy, medicine, folk-lore, and similar fascinating and sensible subjects. Intersperced with these were selections og ghost and crime stories. Thus Sherlock Holmes rubbd shoulders with Darwin, and Le Fanu with Fabre, in what I consideres to be a thorroughly well-balnaced libarry




Obviously it won't be in this blog where the mix of science and literature will be critized, but you can order you books, it is, together but not scrambled. I didn't know who was Le Fanu, but once I have invesutage I would like to read his books

No comments:

Post a Comment