Saturday 16 August 2014

SPANISH CONVERSATIONS (CELA) AND THE THEORY OF RELATIVITY

In his book “Spanish Conversations”, Camilo José Cela interviews different well-known people from Art and Politics. In the interview to the musician Andrés Segovia, you can read, among other wits, the following:
  • Do you love velocity?
  • Relatively, I´m not really into velocity either. Furthermore, one more thing: the speed of light is wonderful. So, what do we have to make an effort for, if we won´t ever reach that speed?


First of all, I like the question. I think you can know a lot about a person according to his answer to that.
However, what I really love is the answer. I love its beginning with “relatively” and its ending with the knowledge of relativity that the musician shows. Because it´s true, a particle can´t exceed the speed of light.

In case that Chilindrón points it out to me, I must say that I know that once there was a piece of news in papers about the possibility to exceed the speed of light. But I only believe what I studied in text books, not what I read in papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment