Monday 12 July 2021

IRIS AND HER FRIENDS (JOHN BAYLEY) AND ACCUMULATORS OF LEAD

 I never saw him start the engine, nor did I wish. I felt it would be farightening experience- but I loced watching him intenly measuring the level of the acid in each massive accumulator . At least he said it was acid and I believed him, although I was surprised the first time I watched him fill up the level from a big bottle marked 'Distilled Water'. I was too polite to point out the apparent discrepancy; and I was in any case highly respectful of acid because Mr Mills had said that if you touched it accidentaly it wpuld burn right through you

I´d dare to say he´s talking about an accumulator of lead, similar to a car battery. So, Mr Mills is not lying to little John because these accumulators  use both  distilled water and sulfuric acid. Mr  Mills was a visionary with regards to protective measures at laboratory because you can really see on every sulfuric acid jar a label with a liitle drawing of a hand pierced by a drop. I´ve always interpreted this drawing as Mr. Mills does, the drop would pierce your hand if it fell on you



No comments:

Post a Comment