Monday 12 November 2018

DINNER AT THE HOMESICK RESTAURANT (ANNE TYLER) AND EINSTEIN´S CONCEPT OF TIME

Time is my obsession: not to waste it, not to lose it. It’s like … I don’t know, an object, to me; something you can almost take hold of. If I could just collect enough of it in one clump, I always think. If I could pass it back and forth and sideways, you know? If only Einstein were right and time were a kind of river you could choose to step into at any place along the shore.”
He clicked his pen point in and out, frowning into space. “If they had a time machine, I’d go on it,” he said. “It wouldn’t much matter to me where. Past or future: just out of my time. Just someplace else.


I never heard Einstein had told this about time, but even if he didn´t it´s a good and beautiful image. The capacity of rivers as spring and flow (such an amazing record!) of metaphores is almost neverending. My favourite text about rivers is this one by Monterroso:
HERACLITAN: When the river flows slow and you have a good bicycle or horse it is possible to bath twice ( and even three, according to your necessities)in the same river



No comments:

Post a Comment